Allergists and Allergologists are physicians trained to prevent, diagnose, manage, and treat allergic disease. They are highly qualified to manage immune system disorders such as allergies, asthma, inherited immunodeficiency diseases, and autoimmune diseases.
Who should see an allergologist?
- A severe reaction to a bee sting or other insect sting.
- Any asthma attack that has led to being hospitalised.
- Asthma that results in frequent symptoms and negatively affects school/ work/ sleep/
exercise, or leads to regular doctor or emergency room visits.
- Food allergy.
- Hives (urticaria) or swelling (angioedema).
- Moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (eczema).
- Recurrent allergic rhinitis or hayfever symptoms.
- The need to reduce medication usage and to improve as well as cure allergic rhinitis and
asthma through treatment with allergen immunotherapy.
- When medications are ineffective in treating allergic rhinitis or asthma, or have caused
unwanted side effects.