Paediatric pulmonogolists or paediatric pulmonology disease specialists, are physicians who possess specialised knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary (lung) conditions and diseases in children.
Who should see a paediatric pulmonologist?
- Abnormal breathing patterns or shortness of breath.
- Any asthma attack that has led to being hospitalised.
- Any pauses/ irregularity in breathing during sleep
- Asthma that results in frequent symptoms and negatively affects school/ work/ sleep/
exercise, or leads to regular doctor or emergency room visits.
- Chronic cough.
- Chronic lung disease.
- Congenital lung abnormalities.
- Cystic fibrosis.
- Immune deficiencies.
- Neuromuscular weakness.
- Recurrent chest infections.
- Recurrent wheeze.
- Those who snore most nights of the week.